BuddyPress was conceived in 2008 while working to add social networking features to a WordPress MU powered site. The first official stable release was in May 2009. The platform has grown and morphed considerably since then, into the dynamic, easily extensible package you see today. Just like its parent project WordPress, BuddyPress is a completely open source endeavor. Everything from the core code, to the documentation, themes and plugin extensions are all built by the BuddyPress community. This means anyone can help the project by contributing their time and knowledge.
What can I use BuddyPress for?
BuddyPress is built to bring people together. It works well to enable people with similar interests to connect and communicate. Get services of Buddypress developers, Buddypress, BuddyPress blog design integration, BuddyPress customization services.
- A campus wide social network for your university, school or college.
- An internal communication tool for your company.
- A niche social network for your interest topic.
- A focused social network for your new product.
- Activity Streams
- User Profiles
- Options to add user profile fields and sections
- Avatar uploads
- Group Creation
- Group discussion forums
- Group logo and Wire
- Friend system
- Bespoke themes
- Blogs per user (via the WordPress engine)
- BuddyPress blog design integration
- BuddyPress customization
- BuddyPress custom template and theme development (create template and theme of your choice)
- BuddyPress custom modules development
- BuddyPress website maintenance